Defects Leading Hand
- Join a high performing team
Founded in 1997, Parkview Constructions are a multi-award-winning company committed to integrity, excellence and innovation in both residential and commercial construction, with over 250 staff across multiple projects within the Sydney Metropolitan region. We have an exciting opportunity for a Defects Leading Hand to join the Client Services team. The Defects Leading Hand is responsible for performing the aftercare maintenance and repair on Parkview’s property portfolio, which includes all current and completed projects. Skills & Experience
- Cert III Carpentry and/or Cert IV in Building and Construction
- Experience working on high-rise residential projects
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and subcontractors
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrating exemplary leadership and multi-tasking skills
- Operate with a best practice approach to health and safety. Observe and demonstrate safe work practices and ensure others do the same.
- Supervise defects/maintenance activities to achieve the most productive use of available materials and resources.
- To supervise all trades required for re-works and repairs where applicable.
- Handle relevant repair works and minor defects personally where feasible.
- Ensure that the surrounding work area is maintained to OHS&E standard at all times.
- Maintain a professional liaison with all clients and trades.
- Maintain overall quality assurance and best practice whilst ensuring building compliance.
- Advise Client Services Coordinator regarding defect and back charge notifications as well as purchase orders, work orders and SOW.
- Ensure regular and continuous feedback on progress of all activities.