- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Safety Advisor to join the team. The Safety Advisor is an essential role that supports the construction team and the National Safety Manager ensuring that Parkview meets all relevant statutory obligations regarding Occupational Health & Safety in the workplace. The Safety Advisor will actively promote Parkview’s OHS&E policies and procedures and implement, monitor and continuously improve the OHS&E program whilst assisting managers and employees to understand and carry out their responsibilities in relation to OHS&E. Skills & Experience:
- Cert IV or Diploma in OHS
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience in a similar construction environment
- The ability to confidently communicate with internal and external site staff and manage/coordinate accordingly.
- Well organised and self-motivated and the ability to work in a face-paced construction site.
- Experienced with MS Office - Excel, Word, Aconex, Bluebeam, HammerTech
Reporting to the Site Manager, your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Providing assistance to the Site Manager in ensuring a safe working environment
- Ensuring site inductions are conducted and appropriate checks are completed daily/weekly.
- Establish and lead an effective site safety committee and ensure appropriate daily/weekly site changes and information is provided to all internal and external staff
- Oversee all site staff and ensure they are performing/operating machinery and tools safely and identify high-risk activities and manage accordingly.