- Minimum 6 years post graduate experience
- Join a high performing team
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join the team. The Project Engineer is responsible for determining construction methods, materials and quality standards, and interpreting specifications, drawings, plans, construction methods and procedures. This role will coordinate services drawings from all essential sub-contractors and consultants including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, fire, civil and storm water for both above and below ground. Skills & experience:
- Degree qualified in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Ideally 6+ years' post grad experience within a similar building environment
- Experience working on high-rise residential projects in excess of $40M in value
- Knowledge of Sydney construction market and subcontractors and consultants
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
Reporting to the Project Manager, your responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Studying drawings and specifications to estimate total costs.
- Preparing detailed cost plans and estimates as tools to assist in budgetary control.
- Organising and directing site labour and delivery of construction materials, plant and equipment.
- Establishing detailed programs for the coordination of site activities.
- Understand the relevant principal components of the Tendering process.
- Review consultant output for compliance with the design brief.
- Review the general arrangement of services to comply with site and design issues.
- Check tender package content for scope of work, product usage and design logic are carried out – where applicable.
- Review sub-contract shop drawing for general compliance the architectural design and ensure the design consultant reviews and signs off shop drawings.
- Review subcontractor ITP’s and checklists to ensure completion as specified on programme